December 2021 Minutes
Wind Lake/North Cape Drifter’s Snowmobile Club
Minutes from December 9th, 2021
Meeting called to order at 7:02pm
Secretary’s Report: A motion to accept the Secretary’s report from November’s meeting was made by Roger Winckler and seconded by Al Oberhart.
Treasurer’s Report: A motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Jim Friesema and seconded by Dave Klein.
- The stakes for the trail are in. Some signs need to be put up to include the intersection signs provided by the county and the road names and landowner signs.
- 150 new stakes were picked up to be used on the trail as needed.
- The new trail map went to print on December 10 and should be available soon.
Safety Committee: The current safety class had nine students and is now complete.
Sunshine News: A get well card was sent to Jim Lone after his recent surgery.
- When determining if the Racine County Snowmobile trails are open, please be sure to call the Snowline at 262-554-0133. Do not take information from other sources as they may not be accurate.
- Winterfest will be January 22, 2022 at Great Lakes Dragaway. There will be a Sportsman’s Raffle with 9 guns, a booze wagon. and other items as prizes. 600 tickets will be sold. Darren Slotty has tickets if you are interested.
- The 40 foot rule legislation was approved by the governor. Now, snowmobiles can ride either direction (day or night). Previously, riders had to travel with traffic at night. This is only for riding on a marked trail. The trail still needs to be off the blacktop on town roads and ten feet from the blacktop alongside of state numbered or county lettered highways.
- Mark your calendars! June 12th will be Sunday Gunday at Dover Inn. Please note the NEW date. Tickets are now available. Please let Kelly Oberhart (262-492-6766) or Ken Werner (414-406-7378) know if you would like some.
- Please get your memberships submitted as soon as possible. We have approximately 65 members so far. The website is an easy way to submit your membership. Simply click “Join the Club” on our website: windlakedrifters.com.
- The Drifters’ website is in desperate need of updating. Jon Roberts said that his wife does this as a job and would be willing to work with the club on making a new website.
- A committee was formed and they will come to the October meeting with an update.
- Jeff Ehrhart made a motion to have the committee handle the website with a budget of $2000. Kathy Ehrhart seconded the motion.
- The Christmas party is scheduled for December 17, 2021 at Ehrhart Farms.
- Cocktails will begin at 5:30pm with dinner to begin around 6:00pm.
- It is a potluck dinner. Members should bring a generous dish to pass.
- Gift bags with activity pads and gift cards will be given to the children when Santa arrives.
Old Business: None
- The new apparel is in. We have black hoodies, t-shirts, crewneck sweatshirts, long sleeved t-shirts and ¼ zip pull-overs with blue lettering. Kathy Ehrhart has extras if you are interested in purchasing any apparel.
Dustin Hegemann made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Travis Hegemann seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 7:34pm.
- December 17: Wind Lake North Cape Drifters Christmas Party at Jeff and Kathy Ehrhart’s farm. Members should bring a dish to pass.
- January 13: Drifters meeting at Dover Inn at 7pm.