October 2021 Minutes
Wind Lake/North Cape Drifter’s Snowmobile Club
Minutes from October 14th, 2021
Meeting called to order at 7:08pm
Secretary’s Report: A motion to accept the Secretary’s report from September’s meeting was made by Al Oberhart and seconded by Chad Hegemann.
Treasurer’s Report: A motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Al Oberhart and seconded by Jim Friesema.
- 150 new stakes were ordered for the trail.
- The groomer trackers have arrived.
- Signs for roads and to thank our landowners are still in the plans for this year.
Safety Committee:There are plans for the Wind Lake Drifters’ Snowmobile Safety Class to take place at the beginning of December. It will be Monday, December 6 from 6-9pm, Thursday, December 9 from 6-9pm and Saturday, December 11 from 8-11:30am. The class will be held at the Tichigan Fire Department on highway 164. The class will be in person unless the DNR changes its course of action due to Covid restrictions.
- A young man in Waterford, Matt Smith, is interested in starting a youth group for the young snowmobiling enthusiasts. If you know anyone who is interested, please let Darren or Greg know and they can give you more information.
- The AWSC fall Workshop will be October 22-24 at the Wilderness Resort in the Dells. There will be 4 classes including DNR certification and re-certification, groomer trackers, club rosters/memberships and a club forum/discussion. 11 members of our club are attending the workshop.
- The Racine County Alliance will be participating in the Waterford Christmas parade on December 4.
- The process of numbering the intersections on the Racine County Snowmobile Trails is underway. The Alliance will distribute the intersection signs to clubs to be placed in their appropriate places.
- Three snowmobile safety classes will be held in the area. Tichigan Snow and Go, The Drifters and the Snowhawks all have classes planned in the upcoming months.
- The next Alliance meeting will be Tuesday, November 2 at the Lions Club building on highway 164.
- Greg Roscizewski and Darren Slotty are currently working on a gun list for our raffle. Thank you to them for all of their efforts as they choose guns for this important fundraiser.
Membership Committee: Please get your memberships submitted as soon as possible. We have 31 so far.
- The Christmas party is scheduled for December 17, 2021 at Ehrhart Farms.
- Gift Cards will be ordered for the landowners. Lori Slotty made a motion to purchase $25 gift cards. Al Oberhart seconded the motion.
Old Business: We previously postponed the election of Vice President at the September meeting due to low attendance and lack of nominations. After a unanimous vote, Chad Hegemann, will hold this position for the 2021-2022 year.
New Business: None
Al Oberhart made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Chad Hegemann seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 7:52pm.
- November 11: Drifters meeting at Dover Inn at 7pm.
- December 17: Wind Lake North Cape Drifters Christmas Party at Jeff and Kathy Ehrhart’s farm.