November 2021 Minutes
Wind Lake/North Cape Drifter’s Snowmobile Club
Minutes from November 11th, 2021
Meeting called to order at 7:09pm
Secretary’s Report: A motion to accept the Secretary’s report from October’s meeting was made by Jim Lone and seconded by Jeff Ehrhart.
Treasurer’s Report: A motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Al Oberhart and seconded by Jim Friesema.
- There will be slight changes to the trail on both the north and south ends to avoid wheat and hay that our landowners have in their fields.
- 150 new stakes were ordered for the trail but haven’t arrived yet.
- The GPS units for the groomers need to be installed.
- We will still be using paper logs to cross reference our data.
- There will be a five hour delay for the APP showing which trails have been groomed.
- Road signs have been ordered from Rochester Sign as well as 12 landowner signs that say thank you to our landowners and remind riders to respect the property they are crossing. Thank you to Justin Ehrhart for leading this project.
- There was a motion made by Jeff Ehrhart to increase the amount of the gift cards to the landowners to $50 per card instead of $25. Jim Friesema seconded the motion.
- The new trail map should come out December 7.
- Numbered intersection signs will be at each intersection. One individual from the county is numbering all the intersections and the signs will be dispersed to clubs in the county soon.
- Groups of volunteers have been completing work on our club trail. It will be finished as weather allows and when landowners are ready.
- There are plans for the Wind Lake Drifters’ Snowmobile Safety Class to take place at the beginning of December. It will be Monday, December 6 from 6-9pm, Thursday, December 9 from 6-9pm and Saturday, December 11 from 8-11:30am. The class will be held at the Tichigan Fire Department on highway 164. The class will be in person unless the DNR changes its course of action due to Covid restrictions.
- The Racine County Alliance will be participating in the Waterford Christmas parade on December 4.
- Winterfest will be January 22, 2022 at Great Lakes Dragaway. There will be a Sportsman’s Raffle with 9 guns, a booze wagon and other items as prizes. 600 tickets will be sold. Darren Slotty has tickets if you are interested.
- The AWSC fall Workshop was held October 22-24 at the Wilderness Resort in the Dells.
- Get well cards will be sent to our landowners, Wayne Stever and Tom Hegeman.
- Mark your calendars! June 5th will be Sunday Gunday at Dover Inn. The guns were chosen and tickets printed for this year’s gun raffle. Thank you to Greg Roscizewski for choosing the guns.
- Tickets are now available. Please let Kelly Oberhart (262-492-6766) or Ken Werner (414-406-7378) know if you would like some.
- Please get your memberships submitted as soon as possible. The website is an easy way to submit your membership.
- The Christmas party is scheduled for December 17, 2021 at Ehrhart Farms.
- Cocktails will begin at 5:30pm with dinner to begin around 6:00pm.
- It is a potluck dinner. The meat will be provided by the club.
- Gift bags with activity pads and gift cards will be given to the children.
- Jeff Ehrhart made a motion to give a gift card to Marshall for storing the club’s stakes and other snowmobile club equipment. Chad Hegemann seconded the motion.
- The Kubota tractors’ tires are showing signs of wear. A motion was made by Greg Roscizewski and seconded by Bill Bonke to purchase two new tires for the tractors to have spares on hand.
- Kathy Ehrhart has been looking into new apparel options. Black hoodies, t-shirts, crewneck sweatshirts, long sleeved t-shirts and ¼ zip pull-overs are options with blue lettering. Please look for further information to be shared.
Ken Werner made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Jeff Ehrhart seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 8:14pm.
- December 9: Drifters meeting at Dover Inn at 7pm.
- December 17: Wind Lake North Cape Drifters Christmas Party at Jeff and Kathy Ehrhart’s farm.