January 2021 Minutes
Wind Lake/North Cape Drifter’s Snowmobile Club
Minutes from January 14th, 2020
Meeting called to order at 7:03pm
Secretary’s Report: A motion to accept the Secretary’s report from December’s meeting was made by Justin Ehrhart and seconded by Roger Winckler.
Treasurer’s Report: A motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Jared Kempken and seconded by Dustin Hegemann.
Sunshine Committee: The club sent a plant to Anne Friesema who is recovering after a recent illness.
Trail Committee: Thank you to Kevin and Justin Ehrhart for getting the groomers ready for the season. Some grooming was done after the last snowfall.
- Winterfest will be THIS SATURDAY, January 23, 2021.
- Gates open at 10am.
- The tracks will be made on Wednesday.
- A band will begin at 4:30pm.
- There will be a 9 gun raffle along with other great prizes. Darren Slotty has tickets. They are $20 per ticket and only 500 tickets will be sold.
- There will be some new radar run classes.
- While the trails were open, authorities were out patrolling and checking for registration, trail passes, etc.
- The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is seeking public input on the Blue Mound State Park (BMSP) Draft Master Plan, which outlines proposed future public use and management of BMSP.
- Highlights of the BMSP Draft Master Plan include a snowmobile trail that will connect the Military Ridge State Trail to the county trail system north of the park largely utilizing portions of a former snowmobile trail. Please use this link to take a survey regarding the Blue Mound State Park trails. This will support this trail so that it can continue to be open to snowmobilers.
- The next Alliance meeting will be held at Dover Inn on February 2nd at 7pm.
- Tickets for the 2021 Sunday Gunday are available from Kelly Oberhart or Ken Werner. If you would like to help with the distribution and collection of tickets, please contact Kelly Oberhart at 262-492-6766.
Membership Committee: We currently have 73 registered members. Racine County Alliance of Snowmobile Club charges $3/member. Joyce Roscizewski is paying these fees in groups, as memberships come in.
- Check out channel 58 “Racine & Me” as they showcase Winterfest.
- Rick Beck bought a hydraulic post pounder that goes on his tractor. He volunteered to let others use it as well next year.
- Jeff Ehrhart suggested selling our extra disk (Kewaunee) at the upcoming FFA auction in February. A motion was made by Jared Kempken and seconded by Nathan Hegemann to sell the disk.
The meeting was adjourned by Jared Kempken and Jeff Ehrhart at 7:22pm
- January 23 – Winterfest at The Great Lakes Dragaway. Gates open at 10am.
- February 14th – Drifters meeting at 7pm at Dover Inn